- Option to clip the mouse inside fullscreen windows.
– Support for persistent HTTP connections.
– Initial implementation of the XML writer.
– Support for drawing rectangles in the DIB engine.
– Volume control in MMDevAPI.
– More MSVC runtime functions.
– Various bug fixes.
So Sven released a new version of the linuX-gamers.net live DVD – the linuxtag2011-release.
What’s new in this version?
improved user expierence and autoconfiguration
support for chipsets of recent boards
new additional games
updated proprietary drivers
improved network booting support
added persistent home support
added installation support
removed proprietary ati drivers
New games: ZaZ, MegaGlest, Mars Shooter, Speed Dreams -see the homepage for a full list.
And please use Bittorrent to spread our nice little gaming system to the world!
I received a message from Sönke Hahn from the game studio JoyRideLabs in Berlin.
They are developing their first game called Nikki and the robots.
It runs on Linux and a big part of it is free software (LGPL / CC BY-SA). Recently they have
released their first binary alpha-version of the game.
They also asked me if we could show their game at Linuxtag in Berlin in May – folks pretty sure we show you this game
The Zod Engine is an open source remake of the 1996 game Z by the Bitmap Brothers written in C++ using the SDL library for Linux / Windows / Etc.
The engine is a multiplayer oriented game where as Z is a single player oriented game. Here you will be able to for the first time do things such as play games against multiple bot players, or play the original levels with friends helping you on the same team. The Zod Engine is cross platform for Linux and Windows and can support any resolution. There are no limits on map size or players per game. The Zod Engine is also in a state of continual development so new features may come at any time with idea’s from the players.
Clemens Schulz contacted me to talk about his project, the MLLG project, which is an open source project for the Linux operating system providing game installers with localized game data.
Uploading of existing Loki installers is in progress and he plans to convert stuff to Mojo installer technology.
Clemens would like you to contact him for planning future localized game installers. So give him a chance.
The new version of Planeshift has been released at February, 22nd.
See an excerpt of the changelog:
* A huge amount of fixes and improvements to the windowing system (paws) and mouselook management
* Improvements to weather support and fixed the option to disable weather in pslaunch.
* Fixed some issues in the char selection/creation screens which could lead to bad graphics or crashes
* Several fixes/optimizations/improvements to shaders and lights management.
* First version (BETA!) of the HotBar/quickspell bar (you can open it by typing /show quickspell and remove it with /show quickspell off ) which allows you to drag and drop spells or items in the quickbar, then click on the icons to cast the spell or use the item
* fixed a display issue which could show skills to be completely practically trained even if it wasn’t so.
* added a simple animation to pterosaur transportation load screens
* major rewrite of several parts of the background loader, which now should be more stable and faster.
* several optimizations, leak fixes and crash fixes
Quests and Factions:
* Major rework of the quests! In the past the quests were most likely one off and with little purpose. We decided to radically change the concept by creating chained series of quests with a purpose and where possible a story. So we looked at the quests we have in game and started to tie them together.
* After char creation a friend’s letter is now guiding you to the major NPCs, which will explain the associations and factions present in Hydlaa. Players can start to follow those trails and learn more about the associations/factions. This is the foundation of a complex social system based on jobs and affiliations that we continue to develop to create a more immersive roleplay experience.
* Many new quests were added, and many reworked, reaching a grand total of 320 quests!! In particular a whole new set of Magic quests is present, allowing access to bracers, robes and wands items in the different Ways of magic! (for graphics associated to those items, see the art section)
* New Amdeneir tavern! Thanks Nikodemus and zweitholou for building it!
* Added new female ynnwn wizard robe!
* Made available all bracers through Way quests
* Fixed many sounds for game areas, including gugrontid and the road to bronze doors
* several improvements to sound management (including a startup crash when the sound system failed to init)
* Improved sounds and graphical effects of many spells, including: crystal aura, invigoration, life infusion, relaxing sleep, flaming weapon, flame spire, and many more. Work is still under going to progressively improve/fix all of them.
* Improved hydlaa grass, sky and trees