The Bordeaux Technology Group released Wineskin Pro 2.0 today. Wineskin Pro 2.0 is our initial release of Wineskin for Intel based Mac computers. This release has a custom built Xquartz X11 server that Microsoft Windows Games require to run in full screen mode. We also provide binary Wine builds as well as binary CodeWeavers CrossOver builds from their public source code. Wineskin Pro also comes with Graphical tools to assist you in installing and configuring Wine as well as building your own custom Wine builds from source.
Wineskin Pro 2.0 will run on any Intel Mac computer with OS X 10.5 or higher installed. This released has also been tested on the upcoming OS X 10.7 Lion release.
The Zod Engine is an open source remake of the 1996 game Z by the Bitmap Brothers written in C++ using the SDL library for Linux / Windows / Etc.
The engine is a multiplayer oriented game where as Z is a single player oriented game. Here you will be able to for the first time do things such as play games against multiple bot players, or play the original levels with friends helping you on the same team. The Zod Engine is cross platform for Linux and Windows and can support any resolution. There are no limits on map size or players per game. The Zod Engine is also in a state of continual development so new features may come at any time with idea’s from the players.
Clemens Schulz contacted me to talk about his project, the MLLG project, which is an open source project for the Linux operating system providing game installers with localized game data.
Uploading of existing Loki installers is in progress and he plans to convert stuff to Mojo installer technology.
Clemens would like you to contact him for planning future localized game installers. So give him a chance.
CodeWeavers has released CrossOver Games 10.1.0 for Linux and Mac. This release fixes many known issues with supported games and adds Rift to the list of games that now run with CrossOver Games. This release has also seen allot of fixes to cross tie support, RAR files are now fully supported.
The cost of CrossOver Games is only $39.95 and it comes with six months of upgrades and support. Customers who purchase CrossOver Pro for $69.95 will receive a free version of CrossOver Games with their purchase.
CrossOver Games 10.1.0 Change Log :
New games support:
Rift now installs and runs.
Added the ability to install World of Warcraft via the download client. There are some issues with the launcher, but the game runs well when launched via WoW.exe.
Some improvements have been made to the Star Trek Online launcher. The game still suffers from performance problems.
Added CrossTie support for RAR files.
Made several improvements to menu and association handling.
Founded in 1996 as a general software consultancy, CodeWeavers focuses on the development of Wine the core technology found in all of its CrossOver products. The company’s goal is to bring expanded market opportunities for Windows software developers by making it easier, faster and more painless to port Windows software to Linux. CodeWeavers is recognized as a leader in open-source Windows porting technology, and maintains development offices in Minnesota, the United Kingdom and elsewhere around the world. The company is privately held. For more information about CodeWeavers, log on to www.CodeWeavers.com.
The new version of Planeshift has been released at February, 22nd.
See an excerpt of the changelog:
* A huge amount of fixes and improvements to the windowing system (paws) and mouselook management
* Improvements to weather support and fixed the option to disable weather in pslaunch.
* Fixed some issues in the char selection/creation screens which could lead to bad graphics or crashes
* Several fixes/optimizations/improvements to shaders and lights management.
* First version (BETA!) of the HotBar/quickspell bar (you can open it by typing /show quickspell and remove it with /show quickspell off ) which allows you to drag and drop spells or items in the quickbar, then click on the icons to cast the spell or use the item
* fixed a display issue which could show skills to be completely practically trained even if it wasn’t so.
* added a simple animation to pterosaur transportation load screens
* major rewrite of several parts of the background loader, which now should be more stable and faster.
* several optimizations, leak fixes and crash fixes
Quests and Factions:
* Major rework of the quests! In the past the quests were most likely one off and with little purpose. We decided to radically change the concept by creating chained series of quests with a purpose and where possible a story. So we looked at the quests we have in game and started to tie them together.
* After char creation a friend’s letter is now guiding you to the major NPCs, which will explain the associations and factions present in Hydlaa. Players can start to follow those trails and learn more about the associations/factions. This is the foundation of a complex social system based on jobs and affiliations that we continue to develop to create a more immersive roleplay experience.
* Many new quests were added, and many reworked, reaching a grand total of 320 quests!! In particular a whole new set of Magic quests is present, allowing access to bracers, robes and wands items in the different Ways of magic! (for graphics associated to those items, see the art section)
* New Amdeneir tavern! Thanks Nikodemus and zweitholou for building it!
* Added new female ynnwn wizard robe!
* Made available all bracers through Way quests
* Fixed many sounds for game areas, including gugrontid and the road to bronze doors
* several improvements to sound management (including a startup crash when the sound system failed to init)
* Improved sounds and graphical effects of many spells, including: crystal aura, invigoration, life infusion, relaxing sleep, flaming weapon, flame spire, and many more. Work is still under going to progressively improve/fix all of them.
* Improved hydlaa grass, sky and trees